specialises in civil and commercial litigation, as well as in criminal law.
Mathieu has particular expertise in business law litigation, criminal law, real estate and liability matters. Other areas of interest include proceedings in front of the Cour de Cassation.
Mathieu’s academic studies have an international outlook. After studying Law at the University of Lille 2, he graduated in partnership with the University of Bayreuth. He holds a Master of Laws, with a focus on European Economic Law, from the Europa-Institut of Saarbrucken, Germany.
Mathieu speaks French, English and German.
Luxembourg Arbitration Association (LAA)
Association Luxembourgeoise des Avocats Pénalistes (ALAP)
Mathieu also participates on a voluntary basis at the Clinique de droit de la consommation (Consumer Law Clinic), established by the University of Luxembourg.
La répétibilité des honoraires d’avocats, observations sous Tribunal d’arrondissement de Luxembourg, 5e ch., 13 avril 2016, in Journal des tribunaux Luxembourg, n° 6/2017, p. 190
Abstract cases related to the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Good (CISG) in Case Law on Uncitral Texts, drafted with Prof. Claude Witz:
- Case 835: CISG 71: French Court of Cassation – Commercial Division, Appeal No. D 04-17752;
- Case 836: CISG 4: French Court of Cassation – Commercial Division, Appeal No. U 05-13.538;
- Case 837: CISG 1 (1) (b); 6; 35; 36; 37; 38; 39; 40: Court of Cassation – First Civil Division, Appeal No. U 99-12879;
- Case 838: CISG 38; 39; 40: French Court of Cassation – First Civil Division, Appeal No. N 02-15.981;
- Case 839: CISG 2; 3; 7; 8; 30; 74; 77; 79: French Court of Cassation – First Civil Division, Appeal No. Y 01-15964;
- Case 840: CISG 74: French Court of Cassation – Commercial Division, Appeal No. 01-16736;
- Case 1030: CISG 93: French Court of Cassation, First Civil Division, 2 April 2008, Appeal No. 04-17726